Awqaf Sulaiman Alrajhi Holding Co.
Al Rajhi International for Investment (RAII) was incorporated in 2006 under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. RAII is a member of Sulaiman Abdulaziz Al Rajhi Holding Company (Al Rajhi Group) which is one of the largest business conglomerates in Saudi Arabia with investments in a diverse range of sectors as well as charity programs.The mandate of RAII is “To globalize Al-Rajhi Group’s agricultural business on a long-term sustainable basis while securing specific goals of food security”.
The strategic objectives are:
- Maximizing the Group’s potential.
- Focusing on the best investment opportunities.
- Contributing to the food security.
- Expanding and diversification of the Group’s Investment Portfolio.
- Investment based on cultural and ethical values.
RAII was established to invest in agribusiness and allied activities globally. Since incorporation, it has focused on building business entities in the agricultural sector in a number of countries.
The core activities include:
- Development of greenfield projects and acquisition.
- Agricultural infrastructure development.
- Farm management services.
- Production of grains (wheat, corn, barley) soya beans and alfalfa.
- Supply chain logistics and trading in agricultural commodities, farm machinery, agricultural equipment and inputs (seed, fertilizer, pesticides, etc).
RAII is continuously:
- Evaluating new investment opportunities throughout the value chain.
- Promoting integration and diversification of its businesses.
- Evaluating technology in solar, irrigation systems and farming practices to achieve optimum efficiency.
Currently, RAII and subsidiaries have interests and/or established projects in Sudan,Egypt, Ukraine and Poland and is in an advanced stage to become involved in Mauritania. Further countries are under evaluation.Trading offices have been opened in Dubai, Amman, Cairo and Khartoum.